The World Cup in Qatar begins on November 20 and the whole world will pay attention at the opening ceremony of the biggest sporting event. Taste. The opening event is usually one of the most commented and expected by the public.
The show is usually led by the best artists in the world and whose songs become hits, as already happened with Shakira’s mythical ‘Waka Waka’ in 2010, which was number one for many weeks and which everyone remembers.
A few days ago it was rumored that Shakira would return to the World Cup accompanied by the K-pop group BTS and the hip pop band Black Eyed Peas. However, it seems that the Colombian singer has finally thought better of it and she has said “no” to performing at the opening ceremony.
Shakira, who is going through a difficult personal moment due to her separation with Gerard Piqué, was widely criticized on social networks after the news of her performance leaked, due to the restrictions in the country, which prohibit a woman from dancing sensually in public.
The journalist Adriana Dorronsoro corroborated this decision “They have confirmed to me that Shakira will not perform at the opening ceremony, but they have not confirmed to me if she has any role throughout the World Cup,” he said. After her refusal, the artist is expected to make a statement explaining the reasons for her change of opinion a few days after the event.
It’s not the only one
Shakira is not the only one who has said no, the British singer, Dua Lipa , has wanted to leave through her account, that she will not act either “Currently there is speculation about the possibility that she will act at the opening ceremony of the World Cup in Qatar. I am not going to act nor have I ever participated in any negotiation to act”. “I will be rooting for England from afar and look forward to visiting Qatar when they have delivered on all the human rights promises they made when they won the right to host the World Cup. A hug, Dua x.” concluded the artist faithful defender of the LGBT+ community and human rights.
Singer Rod Steward also turned down more than a million dollars to make an appearance last year: “I turned it down. It’s not okay to go. And the Iranians should be out for supplying Russia with weapons.” It is not yet known who will be the artist who will perform at the opening ceremony, but what is certain is that the whole world will be waiting to see what happens at the World Cup in Qatar.
If you want to more news latest don’t forget to you follow us on Google News, tell me about right there in your notification centre. Use Google news app to to get our latest updates.